Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cristo vive!

"Cristo vive; a su nombre - gloria! A su gloria - victoria!  A su victoria - Amen!"

So ends every night's devotion here at La Senda.  Hearing it last night for the last time of the year was especially sweet.  I am so, so blessed to have come to La Senda for three years now, and these past few days have been some of the best I remember.  I know that God has made everyone amazing and everyone special, but of all the people He created these kids have got to be some of the best in the world.  I wish you all could see Steven's smile, could watch Victor and Phillip kick a soccer ball, could see Yeny and Mimi trying to help me practice my Spanish...  We've taken loads of pictures, but they are not enough.

For those of you wondering about our travel home tomorrow, our flight leaving Guatemala looks to be on time, so expect us all to call home from Atlanta.  For lack of time, I will not write more now about our time here, but know that it has been filled with more joy, love, and laughter than you can even imagine.  We worship such a good, good God.

--Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment