Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Will You Marry Me

Our first full day at La Senda has nearly ended.  I say nearly because I can hear the kids still playing football and soccer outside the window as I write this.  Laura did the devotion this evening with a great visual of how God's love should be overflowing through us.

Brooke and Laura spent most of the day listening to the kids recite their bible verses they have been memorizing.  Mrs. Susan examined the kids teeth this afternoon thankfully before the dog decided to have its teeth examined with some of her supplies this evening.
      Tonight the kids cooked rice and beens for us along with tortillas.  I think most of us even went back for seconds!  Among many of their favorite games to play is one in which they find someone to ask "will you marry me" and if the other one laughs they have to find another person to ask.  I usually lose because I am laughing at the thought of the game before they even ask.

I am learning more from the kids than they will ever know.  Not only do they teach me Spanish but their attitudes are the best and you can see God in each one.  For the first time today I saw the kids stay who didn't have any parents to come pick them up after school and it makes them that much more special to us.
We are in the best company we could be in with Pam and Steve and thank everyone for their prayers and support.

Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment